Wireless Network Adapters

Discussion in 'Computer Networking and Computer Hardware' started by ninjabean, Nov 10, 2015.

1. ninjabean

ninjabean
    Expand Collapse

My current wireless adapter has unfortunately bit the dust, so I am looking into getting a new one. My budget isn't the best, but I would like to get a decent one for a fair price. I had a Rosewill, and it lasted about a year and half so I would like to get one that lasts at least a bit longer than that.

Thanks for the help guys!

2. JamieThePooh

JamieThePooh
    Expand Collapse

Hi!

Well, it's been a while since I've needed one, but my old laptop's internal adapter never functioned properly, so I bought a TP-LINK USB network adapter and it worked very well, so I can recommend that brand--I don't have the adapter anymore so I can't tell you which exact one I had, but I know it was that a TP-LINK. I don't know if you are looking for an external adapter or one you can install on your motherboard, but either way I think you can look at the various adapters they have available and go from there, depending on what your particular needs are. At the time I just wanted to have internet on my laptop, so I wasn't looking for high speeds or ranges, but once you look at the features in each device you can make a more informed decision. You'll see there are lots of options to choose from.

TP-LINK devices are also not as expensive as other brands, or at least that wasn't the case when I bought my old adapter, and my personal experience with them has been satisfactory so far. The devices were easy to install and set up and you can get up-to-date software on their website.

I hope this is helpful. I did a quick search for USB wireless adapters on amazon just now, and some of the prices are quite reasonable, so I don't think you'll have to break the bank to purchase one.

3. ninjabean

ninjabean
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the reply!

I am looking into getting an internal one, but now that you say it, it might be more beneficial to get an external. That way I could use it on whatever device I want.

4. JC_2 2 4

JC_2 2 4
    Expand Collapse

I can also vouch for TP Link in that they are high quality and very reliable adapters. Mine has been flawless for the past 7-8 years and has survived all the way from my old Windows XP computer through to my newest Windows 10 with no issues.

Just to note: mine is a USB and external!

5. Skill

Skill
    Expand Collapse

I've had good luck with my Belkin wireless adapter. It's lasted me about a year now. I do have issues with occasional interference, however I had that issue with my previous wireless adapter, so it's not really a fair complaint because it's something with my house having too many wireless devices(ironic I know, since I said don't have too many wireless devices on a network if avoidable)