Windows

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by MeFuture1, Jan 8, 2016.

1. MeFuture1

MeFuture1
    Expand Collapse

I have Windows 10.1 on my laptop. Does it seem to you Windows is getting better or worse? I haven't seen much to the side of saying that it is getting any better. Then when I had Windows 7 on my desk top. There hasn't been very many cool innovations with the interface in my opinion.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi
    Expand Collapse

Windows 10 is still pretty new and there will continue to be bug fixes and updates for it to fix the glitches for at least another 12 months I would have thought.

If this is the final edition of Windows that Microsoft are releasing, they have plenty of time to iron out any issues anyway and I'd still recommend upgrading as soon as possible to anybody who hasn't already.

3. nytegeek

nytegeek
    Expand Collapse

Windows 7 is dated and no longer receives mainstream support for the average end-user. That is reason enough to upgrade.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747
    Expand Collapse

What support are you referring to? The "chat with an Indian guy who doesn't even know what he is talking about" one?
    Really, who uses that nowadays when the internet is FULL of articles on how to do what you want. Good articles, with pictures / videos etc. From people who actually know more than "please try restarting".

Anyway. Windows 7 did some things really well. Then again win 8 was crap as expected... I'm hearing good things about win10 so it might be worth a try at some point but overall I'm not too enthusiastic about upgrading as I have very little confidence in Microsoft.

5. SirJoe

SirJoe
    Expand Collapse

I don't think windows 10 is better or worse then any other windows version before it. The biggest difference was that it was free to upgrade if you had windows 7, 8 or 8.1. In terms of problems, I think it's similar to any of the Microsoft os's when they get launched.

6. Petesede

Petesede
    Expand Collapse

One of the problems MS has had since about 1998 is that the constantly try to do too many things with a single piece of software, which means you ended up with this huge, bloated piece of garbage that does things you will never need or want. I remember back going from Office 95 to Office 98 (maybe 97). They added a ton of networking and intranet features and for the average PC user who wasn´t connected to a network, it was just a huge step backwards from office 95. The same is true of Windows8... they tried to merge it with mobile, and it just creates an interface that is harder to use than previous versions of Windows.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi
    Expand Collapse

At the end of the day though, people can moan all they want about Microsoft and Windows10, but the fact is it's here to stay. If you don't like it, then go and buy a MAC, then you'll really have an OS that's worth moaning about and you'll be begging to come back to Windows after that!

UnslaadKrosis likes this.
  8. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis
    Expand Collapse

Exactly. Whenever people seem to complain about a windows version (at least those which are not inherently bad, like the Vista or 8) they just need that, 'unsatisfied? try a Mac' statement. Then everything just simmers down to mumblings and whispers. ;)

9. pwarbi

pwarbi
    Expand Collapse

MAC's are capable machines but only for certain tasks in my opinion, so while I'm not saying they're bad, I just think Windows is better at doing all different tasks and its still the platform that most businesses use.

I've used both Windows and MAC's and I have to say of the two then Windows wins hands down for me, and that's even WITH the issues that are still being ironed out in Windows 10.