Which email service do you use?

Discussion in 'Internet and Software' started by dyanmarie25, Dec 10, 2015.

1. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    Expand Collapse

I have been using Yahoo! Mail as my main email account for about 10 years now, and I am pretty satisfied with its service. I have a Google Mail account though, and although it has got some pretty great features, I still prefer Yahoo! Mail since I am already used to it.

What about you?

2. Asha

Asha
    Expand Collapse

Gmail and outlook

3. pwarbi

pwarbi
    Expand Collapse

I also used to use Yahoo but I switched over to Gmail a few years ago now, and I wouldn't feel the need to change back or switch to another anytime soon.

Gmail does rverytthing you need a email service to do, and as far as I'm aware security is also seconed to none so that's good enough for me.

4. smtg

smtg
    Expand Collapse

I've been a Gmail user for a really long time.

5. SLTE

SLTE
    Expand Collapse

Gmail. I started out with Hotmail, but it got gradually bogged down in spam so I ditched it. No clue how to even access my accounts anymore, as I'm pretty sure I changed my passwords and then forgot 'em at some point. I tried Yahoo for a little while, too, but it wasn't that much different from Hotmail at the time. Now I don't see much point in using anything other than Gmail - it's neat, tidy, easy to organize, almost spam free (stuff still slips through occasionally), and secure enough that I don't fear logging in, opening an email, and getting something shoved onto my computer.

6. Havok360

Havok360
    Expand Collapse

I habe Gmail although I used to have YahooMail but the spam and organization tools were quite a hassle for me so I switched. Gmail is much more convenient for my lifestyle and I own a Chromebook so I essentially have no choice. Gmail is great for millenials.

7. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747
    Expand Collapse

Love gmail. Used hotmail back in the day but switched over to gmail about 10 years ago or so... haven't looked back ever since. I'm not a big fan of google having a monopoly on everything but their service is just superior in a lot of things, such as email.

8. aboleth_lich

aboleth_lich
    Expand Collapse

I've been using Yahoo! as my secondary email account for well over decade now, and I'm sufficiently satisfied with the level of service I receive from it. (With the sole exception of the one time that I requested restoration of an email that I accidentally deleted. The result of that request? Not only did I not have that email restored, but I had the past two weeks of most recent emails deleted instead! Wow!)

In more recent years, I've had people suggest that I switch over to Google's Gmail (and I was quite tempted to do so after the aforementioned incident)--but the difference between the two services isn't enough to motivate me to go through the hassle of setting up the new account and subsequently changing my stated email address on so very many other sites.

In either case, I'm quite glad that I don't have to go through the hassle of approaching my limit of allotted memory as I regularly have to with my primary email account provided through the university at which I work and study.

9. oportosanto

oportosanto
    Expand Collapse

I use both gmail and outlook.com and I like them both. The best about gmail is the simplicity, super simple to use and no issues. Outlook is more complete, offers me another options, namely office online, so it's great to be able to have both services for free.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi
    Expand Collapse

With the number of responses to the thread so far and the number of people that are using Gmail, it looks as though Google have cornered another market of the internet. While the smaller companies are fighting it out for customers, Google are already way out in front again and are unlikely to be caught.

11. nusster

nusster
    Expand Collapse

All of them! Haha, I already answered the same way when somebody asked about web browsers, but it's true for email clients as well for the same reason. I'm a web dev so a lot of time I have to run all sorts of tests since more popular email clients like Yahoo or Gmail tend to catch content into spam filters and that can create all sorts of nonsense.

12. Pabmart

Pabmart
    Expand Collapse

GMail is the way to go, at least for me. It works perfectly with both my Android phone and my laptop, and having a Google account also gives you a lot of other great services like Keep, Drive or Calendar.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi
    Expand Collapse

In the past I think I've been through all the email clients going at one time or another, and a lot of the time they've been running simultaneously. Like I've said, now though I'm sticking to Gmail as up to now it seems to be about the best for what my needs are.

14. nusster

nusster
    Expand Collapse

Oh, yeah, of course, I have Yahoo mail set up as my default email account where I send and receive business and personal emails, but I still have multiple other accounts for testing purposes.

15. Elfprincess

Elfprincess
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I'm the same. I also use few local email services, because I don't want to mix up study and work stuff with my private things.
    I really like getting Gmail notifications on my phone. It's super helpful!

16. pwarbi

pwarbi
    Expand Collapse

In the past I've had one for personal use, one for work and one for my university course work many years ago, and that worked alright for me.

I know that on the one email you can separate them all to land in different inboxea but sometimes that can be tricky to control.

17. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB
    Expand Collapse

I actually use a couple different emails. I've had my Yahoo one for years now... then I opened up one on Gmail for more 'professional/not nerdy' things, lol. Also have an address on Hotmail for work/business. So I have my hand in a few different hosts, needless to say!

18. djordjem87

djordjem87
    Expand Collapse

For years I was using yahoo and I was satisfied with it. I mean it is email service. Simple and useful. However, now I use g-mail because many sites recommend it and I really do not like to do thing twice only because I was too lazy to set up a G-mail. So I switched and I have access to all sites that I try to log in. And it my paypal account mail so I am not going to change it any time soon.

19. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88
    Expand Collapse

I've been using Yahoo ever since I first made my way to the internet and that was a really long time ago. I currently have a gmail account, but I use it as a backup for mail that I don't want cluttering my main account. Of course with how Yahoo has been acting up as of late, I might consider making a move to it on a more regular basis...

20. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack
    Expand Collapse

I used to use Hotmail, and was frequently impressed with just how crappy it was.

Now I'm on Gmail, haven't looked back. Superior in every way imaginable, even from the beginning.