What would I label a Mac that has a corrupt partition?

Discussion in 'Sell to TechGator' started by AngryItalian, Nov 9, 2015.

1. AngryItalian

AngryItalian
    Expand Collapse

My Mac would accept a fresh install of Mac OS, as it boots and reads drives just fine, and cosmetically looks new. It currently runs Windows 7 fine, and I am considering selling it off and getting something new, but I must know how I would go about judging it, there is nothing wrong with the hardware, the only thing that you would need to do is reinstall and OS and resell it.

How much is it worth?

2. kopedan

kopedan
    Expand Collapse

I think you should look it up on sites like Ebay, I'm not sure how many people would be willing to buy it with the corrupt issue. If I were you, I would go ahead and install Mac OS, because it sounds kind of sketchy telling people that it will install, but you just haven't done it. I would be worried about getting it and trying to install it then it not working. It would be a better sell to say, "I have a Mac that runs Mac OS but can also have Windows 7 installed if you prefer the Windows operating system."

3. AngryItalian

AngryItalian
    Expand Collapse

That's probably a better option the issue is that my windows partition is not big enough to get a recovery disk established and I have no other devices capable of doing so, so I think my idea is use internet explorer and burn the image to a flash boot disk. I'll see about selling it on Ebay. Thanks!

4. techgator

techgator
    Expand Collapse
    TechGator
    Staff Member

Hi AngryItalian,

Thank you for your interest in selling to us. If it is simply a software issue you can select "Good" or "Flawless" working condition. We erase and reformat all hard drives when we get your computer. If we find an issue with the hard drive and it needs replacing we will let you know and simply deduct the price of another similar hard drive. As long as it is not a retina with an SSD it wouldn't be much, probably under $40 worst case. In order for us to process a quote we need the year, processor, and screen size. Please let us know if you have any other questions. You can also contact us anytime at (800) 747-1023

Thank you,
    TechGator Team

5. AngryItalian

AngryItalian
    Expand Collapse

It's a 21inch screen late 2009 model Imac with a dual core 3.06ghz processor I believe. I am not sure how much that would be quoted for, but nothing is in poor condition the entire mac as if it just came out of the original packing and has been operated for the first time. It's one of the most durable computers I have ever owned. It also has 16GB of ram which is about an 90$ upgrade from the original cost of the used product.