What is Your Favorite Browser?

Discussion in 'Internet and Software' started by SashaS, Feb 18, 2016.

1. SashaS

SashaS
    Expand Collapse

Browsers play one of the most important roles in the workings of our computers. Without them you can't do much, so you might as well get the best browser. I personally prefer Chrome as it does all I need, the web store is great and the favorites bar is a nice touch I can appreciate. The ability to theme it and install apps is also great.
    The only thing I'm not a fan of is the slow download speeds.

Other than Firefox, Internet Explorer ( of course ) and Microsoft Edge, I haven't tried that many other browsers and Chrome satisfies my needs. What do you guys use and is there a better browser than Chrome?

2. Elfprincess

Elfprincess
    Expand Collapse

My favorite one is Chrome. I suddenly started using it instead of Firefox and I somehow got used to it.
    I think that I should probably switch back to Firefox, cause I hate how Chrome spies on me.
    It's extremely unnerving.

UnslaadKrosis and SashaS like this.
  3. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis
    Expand Collapse

Chrome is much better than Firefox IMO, in terms of sheer usability and speed of operation. And it this piece of lightweight yet powerful software that I use almost exclusively for my browsing purposes.

On a side note @Elfprincess, you can check the 'do not track' option on the advanced settings tab on chrome so that it doesn't spy on you. It's not a great solution, but it's a solution nonetheless.

4. Merkximize

Merkximize
    Expand Collapse

I use chrome now, but I used firefox for a long time. Firefox started giving me a lot of trouble with videos and flash, so I canned it. I have used both extensively over time, and chrome definitely is faster and has better plugins, imo.

5. insane_pm

insane_pm
    Expand Collapse

Firefox is pretty good at being open source, but other than that I can confirm that Chrome beats everything else.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi
    Expand Collapse

When chrome first came out I installed it on the desktop and I've never used any other since, and I now use it across all my devices, desktop, laptop, tablet and phone.

For a lot of people it's a bit too basic but as far as I'm concerned, it does everything I need it to do, so I don't see any point in changing.

7. Havok360

Havok360
    Expand Collapse

I'm quite biased as I own a Chromebook but there's really no other browser for me. Chrome gives me functionality, simplicity and customization. Firefox is alright but I'm already loyal to one browser.