What games are you planning on buying?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by bittersblue, Nov 26, 2015.

1. bittersblue

bittersblue
    Expand Collapse

Black friday sales are starting and Steam just began some of their awesome Autumn sale deals. Pretty much every game I was planning on buying is on sale and it's so tempting to just get all of them but I'm trying to exert some sense of self-control.

So far, I've snagged Ori and the Blind Forest and Fallout: New Vegas. What about you guys?

2. PSyCHoHaMSTeRza

PSyCHoHaMSTeRza
    Expand Collapse

I'm seriously considering Jackbox. Been looking for a new party game.
    Also, DOOM. Definitely DOOM.

3. Godaryuji

Godaryuji
    Expand Collapse

The only game I'm planning on buying right now is Darkest Dungeon. I played a lot of it at a friend's house a long time ago and it was awesome, it really struck me, just like Dark Souls did, because of its bleak atmosphere and art style. I've been sad I haven't bought it yet. Some people are complaining a lot due to recent changes though, but others don't mind or even LOVE the new changes (particularly "corpses" and "heart attacks" mechanics), so I am a bit wary but still really want it.

I wish I had more money to play with, though, because Ori and the Blind Forest looks fantastic as well. I'm also waiting for Undertale to go on a sale, because it interests me but my extremely limited gaming budget means I pretty much only buy games on sale, even $10 indies :/

4. Godaryuji

Godaryuji
    Expand Collapse

The only game I'm planning on buying right now is Darkest Dungeon. I played a lot of it at a friend's house a long time ago and it was awesome, it really struck me, just like Dark Souls did, because of its bleak atmosphere and art style. I've been sad I haven't bought it yet. Some people are complaining a lot due to recent changes though, but others don't mind or even LOVE the new changes (particularly "corpses" and "heart attacks" mechanics), so I am a bit wary but still really want it.

I wish I had more money to play with, though, because Ori and the Blind Forest looks fantastic as well. I'm also waiting for Undertale to go on a sale, because it interests me but my extremely limited gaming budget means I pretty much only buy games on sale, even $10 indies :/

5. Chris_A

Chris_A
    Expand Collapse

I will probably pick up New Vegas, as well. Seeing as how it is really cheap right now and the value that you can get out of that game, it is definitely a must buy. Although I finished it already, a few years ago, I will install all the mods I can get my hands on, and do a replay for sure. :D

6. nusster

nusster
    Expand Collapse

I haven't checked out all the games that are on sale, so I have no idea what I can get for cheap, but regardless of the price, I'm really looking forward to getting Just Cause 3. I played both Just Cause and Just Cause 2 and I really like the series. A bit further into the future, I'm looking forward to The Division and the new Hitman game.

7. Epicfied

Epicfied
    Expand Collapse

I'm definitely excited to buy Overwatch this upcoming summer. I'll also probably end up with the new WoW expansion.
    I'm not too excited for much but I'll probably end up with some other new games. I hate that Rise of the Tomb Raider only released for XboxOne currently. I'll be picking that up when it's released for PC. I might end up getting Fallout 4, but who knows.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi
    Expand Collapse

I'm also not really excited for much either so if nothing catches my eye, I'll probably not buy anything to be honest.

The days are gone I think when I just buy games because of the discount and they're a bargain, now I'd rather wait till a games is out that I actually want before I'll spend any money on it.

9. Elfprincess

Elfprincess
    Expand Collapse

I need to FINALLY play Beyond Two Souls. Hope that I'll be able to pick it up cheap now that most people have moved on to PS4. I love all games by Quantic Dream, even if their endings tend to be a little disappointing. I'm really looking forward to playing this one.

10. Pabmart

Pabmart
    Expand Collapse

I want to pick up the new Tomb Raider, just because I loved the last one and I'm dying to try it. I also want a PS4, but that's out of budget for me so I have to wait.

11. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747
    Expand Collapse

The ones I'm looking to buy are:
    Fallout 4
    The Division

But I'll probably grab another 2-3 from the steam Christmas sale.

12. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack
    Expand Collapse

Oh snap, I've been slacking on my Steam account; glad I saw this thread, time to check up on it!

13. Chris_A

Chris_A
    Expand Collapse

The Division has been hanging around my backlog for a while. Is it even out yet? I must have missed its release, but if so, I will definitely go for it. Really curious about the game.

14. smtg

smtg
    Expand Collapse

Any games I've seen on sale aren't on sale for all that much of a lower price, so that's pretty lame. But I will be buying Fallout 4 once I get an XBOX One or PS4.

15. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88
    Expand Collapse

I'm thinking of buying Underrail since I saw a playthrough of it on YouTube and it reminds me of Fallout 1 and 2. Since I'm holding out on buying Fallout 4 for the time being (it needs to get patched up first before I buy it), I can play this game and get my post-apocalypse fix with it.

16. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747
    Expand Collapse

No it hasn't been released yet. Should be in March 2016 so still quite a while to go. You can order early access though which would give you guaranteed access to the beta (not yet in this stage though) or try to get a beta code through the waiting list.

I really want to try the beta test version to see if it runs well on my pc. But it's definitely the title I'm looking forward to the most in early 2016.

17. FinalFantasyX

FinalFantasyX
    Expand Collapse

I plan to buy Global Offensive, because I always liked to play Counter-Strike games. It's not in discount right now, but it's cheap even with discounts!

18. Chris_A

Chris_A
    Expand Collapse

I see. Well, I`m not really into Early Access games, because you cannot really see how the product will look when finished. I mean, sure, you get a general idea, but the developers usually add in a ton of stuff before release and polish the game to be as bug free as possible. I would not recommend you to test out the beta version of the game on your PC, because the final version will probably run much better, once it is optimized.

19. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747
    Expand Collapse

I have very little faith in the publishing companies giving a crap about optimizing. Now Ubisoft does have a better reputation than some of the other publishers but I'm still a bit skeptical. If the beta runs, then I'll probably buy the game. Can't be arsed to wait, pay $60, and realise that it's not working well enough to be enjoyable.

20. 111kg

111kg
    Expand Collapse

As we're speaking, I am about to buy Diablo 3, but something tells me this is not a good decision, mainly because the biggest exam of my life is expecting me. If I buy this game, then I'll definitely be tempted to waste time with it, as I've always been a Diablo fan. Does anyone here have it? Will I waste my money?