Slow system

Discussion in 'Computer Networking and Computer Hardware' started by oportosanto, Dec 10, 2015.

1. oportosanto

oportosanto
    Expand Collapse

Where I work we have hundreds on computers using the same network. The net speed is fast, but sometimes - especially during lunchtime - it seems everything is going to die, super slow. I understand it's some system policies they are running, but why can't this be done during the night so that we can work?

2. Chris_A

Chris_A
    Expand Collapse

I think the webmaster just figured that you guys are out for lunch, and would not be using the Internet during that time. I know most companies have some crazy policies about this kind of stuff, so you just have to bear with it.

3. oportosanto

oportosanto
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, he figured out wrongly, but it's pretty crazy to be working and the computer freezes. I am at the helpdesk many times and it's ridiculous because I am looking at the user to help him and I am having problems myself!

4. Havok360

Havok360
    Expand Collapse

Your tech guy needs to go out to lunch more and be with you people so he'll know how much you guys still use it in the off hours. You should definitely suggest that he switch off/slow the network in the night when everyone's gone.

5. oportosanto

oportosanto
    Expand Collapse

He is reorganizing all the machines, to keep them updated and all with the same image. We are talking about hundreds of machines, not an easy task, even so having a dead system is no solution.