Questions about Selling to TechGator

Discussion in 'Sell to TechGator' started by techgator, Nov 6, 2015.

1. techgator

techgator
    Expand Collapse
    TechGator
    Staff Member

TechGator makes it easy to sell your used devices! We have created an easy to use automated system that allows you to sell your used electronics! See our Homepage for a free and easy quote for your used device. We allow you to print a free shipping label and pay you within 48 hours of receiving through your choice of Paypal, Amazon Gift Card, or Check! If you have questions please see our Help Center.

If you don't see your device listed we may still be interested in purchasing it. You can post your devices in this thread or contact us at [email protected]

We also give you the opportunity to sell your device to other TechGator users. Please see TechSwap to list devices that you'd like to sell to other users.

#1 techgator, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  2. Skill

Skill
    Expand Collapse

A lot of users like to sell their old Video cards when they upgrade, and many users like to purchase used video cards because they can achieve better performance for the same price. This is a win for both parties, because the seller can get some money out of their old parts when they upgrade, and buyers can get good performance parts for cheap.

For example, AMD Radeon r9 290s sell for $150-200, yet perform as well as newer $300 GPUs.

Will Techgator consider purchasing used parts that are in high demand, or will it strictly remain dedicated to full devices? I used video cards as they're the most common example and in high demand, but I personally have an old AM3+ motherboard with 8 GB of DDR3 RAM and a FX 6350 CPU I'm looking to sell.

3. Bam

Bam
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Skill!

We've definitely given some thought to the idea of buying components such as graphics cards. Currently we are limiting what we buy, but definitely plan on expanding to more items like desktop components in the future.

4. Ginnie

Ginnie
    Expand Collapse

I'd love to sell old laptops that don't work anymore, but I worry about the memory cards and what's left on it. How can I be sure that all the info I saved on the old laptops are safe or at least wiped from the memory card if I can't gain access to it?

5. Bam

Bam
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Ginnie,

Privacy is definitely a major concern. When we get new devices in hard drives are immediately wiped using industry standards to insure no one has access to any of your information or data. If the hard drive is no longer functioning correctly it is destroyed in a manner so that nothing may ever be retrieved from it.

6. Ginnie

Ginnie
    Expand Collapse

How much do you pay for an old laptop? And do you usually recycle the parts that still work?

7. Summertime

Summertime
    Expand Collapse

What sort of goods are you interested in? Would you be interested in old mobile phones, even if they were cracked? Or anything of that nature?

8. techgator

techgator
    Expand Collapse
    TechGator
    Staff Member

Hi Summertime. We buy a pretty wide variety of electronics. You can sell your used iPhones, iPads, Macbook Pro, Surface tablets, etc. We do also buy broken electronics. You can see how much your used electronics are worth at our homepage www.TechGator.com or give us a call at (800) 747-1023 We make it easy to sell your used electronics. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Summertime likes this.
  9. Summertime

Summertime
    Expand Collapse

Wow, cool! Thanks for the info, I'll definitely make use of this info!