Life is Strange

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Keili, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Keili

Keili
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone heard of Life is Strange?

For anyone who doesn't know, it's an interactive, action-adventure game. You play as Max Caulfield, who experiences a strange dream in the middle of her photography class. When she wakes up, she makes a startling discovery. She can readily manipulate time.

It's filled with murder, mystery, suspense and plenty of twists. I only started playing when four episodes were out. I'm so glad my fiance recommended it to me. :)

It concluded with five episodes. The most recent was just released last month. If you've played it, please share your likes or dislikes about it. :D

2. SLTE

SLTE
    Expand Collapse

Played. Loved. (Okay, rather, my wife played, and I watched. It's a game where you can get away with that.) Great story, excellent twists, and a really neat time-twisting mechanic. At the very least it was on par with most Telltale games in terms of storytelling, and I do love me some Telltale.

All that said, I'm not totally sold on the final episode. It was good, but it got... a bit too out there at times. The stealth bit got kind of irritating. The ending also seemed somewhat one-sided, and even though you had two ultimate choices, only one of them felt like the real choice. To me, anyway.

3. Godaryuji

Godaryuji
    Expand Collapse

I only played the first episode and I didn't like it at all. The characters were so cliche it was almost cringeworthy, the story wasn't all that great and it I didn't really dig the whole rewind feature. It felt like an inferior version of Telltale's recent games, to be honest.

Still, been meaning to play the other 4 episodes, just to see if it picks up or something.

4. ProNine

ProNine
    Expand Collapse

I've heard of it. I've always been a fan of games where the main characters have powers but live in a normal world, so they basically stand out. Another similar game is Lucius 1 and 2. It's about a boy, the son of the Devil, he basically has a few powers and you need to use them to kill everyone in sight. The second game is more of a sandbox as you get to get creative with your methods of operation.

5. Chris_A

Chris_A
    Expand Collapse

Life is Strange is on my backlog since it was first launched. I played Remember Me, which was made by the same studio that did Life is Strange, and I loved it. I`m sure Life is the same quality as well and I`m looking forward to playing it, once I get around to it.

6. TheViper

TheViper
    Expand Collapse

I played it and watched several let's plays of it on Youtube. I really enjoyed all five episodes and thought episode 5 was actually the strongest. The whole nightmare sequence really sold me on this episode as it was really well done. You also got the fact that it made me tear up again very early in the episode. Then made me tear up several times again before we even got towards the end.

The end for me was great and I think this is one of those games that really makes you sit back and think. Never experience something like I experience with LiS in a game before. Probably one of the more significant games made in my opinion.

7. Canute

Canute
    Expand Collapse

I've played it and it was absolutely beautiful! I didn't think much of it when before playing it but after seeing all the dedication and work the developers had poured into it and how amazing the results were, it has definitely become one of my favourite games this year.

8. PrisDimi

PrisDimi
    Expand Collapse

What I like the most about the game is how customizable the story becomes. Although it can be somewhat linear, the many different choices available throughout the story let you feel like you're in control - and each playthrough can provide you with an entirely unique experience from the last.

9. nusster

nusster
    Expand Collapse

Ooh, I like the sound of that! I've always enjoyed these sorts of games, can somebody compare to Telltale's The Walking Dead? I get a feeling from your posts that it's a similar format of a game, although I somehow got a feeling that it's better? I don't know. What do you guys think?

10. Chris_A

Chris_A
    Expand Collapse

After I have seen what you guys wrote here and praising the game, I will definitely check it out, once time allows. It really reassured me that the guys over at DontNod once again delivered a quality product.

11. bittersblue

bittersblue
    Expand Collapse

I've been meaning to play Life is Strange for quite a while and I finally managed to snag the first episode. I haven't gotten too far in but honestly, I like it so far. It is a little cliche, typical teen drama and stuff, but I've been told that it really picks up after that. I do actually really like the rewind feature--it's a cool concept! And Max is sweet :)

12. Sqarky

Sqarky
    Expand Collapse

It's been on my list for awhile. I keep going back and forth on actually pulling the trigger for it though. I haven't really played any of the recent releases of episodic, interactive games that are coming out in waves now. It just doesn't seem like my thing, but then I hear people who used to say the same thing and end up loving Life is Strange.

13. Thejamal

Thejamal
    Expand Collapse

Life is Strange was great. Watched a full play-through of it and I feel like I got just as much enjoyment out of just watching as I would have playing too. With any of those story games like The Walking Dead series, Borderlands, Beyond two souls, etc, the real fun to me is getting to see the story progress. Other than getting to control the decisions and the direction of the story, there really isn't much game-play involved so I just save a bit of money and watch a play-through.

14. bittersblue

bittersblue
    Expand Collapse

**SPOILERS**
    So I already posted in this thread but as I just finished episode five, I feel like I need to yell about it somewhere on the internet. To sum it up: holy crap!!! I won't call it a perfect game but oh my god, I'm still processing that entire story/ending. It took me a really long time to get into (probably around mid episode 4 is when I truly started appreciating the game) but once you get into it, it really gets good. I went with the ending where you save Arcadia Bay (sorry Chloe :'( ) and that honestly crushed me. I didn't like Chloe through pretty much most of the game but that scene made me really, really love her (and Max) so much.

I did find the ending a little... lacking though. I mean I liked it, it felt strong but I wanted to know more about what happened to some of the characters (Kate, Nathan, Victoria) but it ended kind of abruptly IMO.

15. Lynk

Lynk
    Expand Collapse

OK wow. I've been thinking about this game a lot recently as some good friend with excellent taste recommended it to me!

Have any of you guys tried it on a Mac? Generally the Mac steam games seem to work pretty well, I just wanted to check. This game is SO up my ally though I'm dying to try it!! I miss the old style point and clicks with a great story. :)