Leisure Suit Larry

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by MeFuture1, Jan 6, 2016.

1. MeFuture1

MeFuture1
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone still play this game? And if so do you know if they make any new versions? Always found this game comical when I was in high school.

2. Elfprincess

Elfprincess
    Expand Collapse

I don't think that there's been news about any new ones in the series. I think that the 3D ones have managed to kill the franchise for good.
    Your topic has brought me flashbacks of when I was in elementary school and overheard slightly older boys (like 9-10 years old?) talking about scoring with chicks in Love for Sail. Always wondered where their parents have been.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747
    Expand Collapse

I remember this game! Sadly I haven't played it in... well must be like 15 years now!
    I can't remember much about it but I remember not playing much.. and for some reason I'm not really interested in trying them again.

4. nytegeek

nytegeek
    Expand Collapse

LMAO Such a cheesy game, why? The game originated in 1987, last release was in 2013. If guess if low quality weirdness is your thing...

5. SLTE

SLTE
    Expand Collapse

Ha ha, I remember one of these somehow winding up on my old, old PC when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure I played the second one, based on Wikipedia entries, because I remember always getting stuck at the beginning of the game, when you had to get onto a cruise ship and ride it to... wherever. I don't know. Never got to the ship on time. No doubt all the double entendres and sexual references flew right over my head while I was playing.

It mysteriously disappeared off the computer at some point. I assume my dad figured out what it was actually about after a while, and quietly disposed of it.

6. nytegeek

nytegeek
    Expand Collapse

I think my dad was the one that installed it. It only disappeared after my mom found out about it.

7. TheViper

TheViper
    Expand Collapse

I remember playing this game and I still don't know how I feel about it. Can't say that I truly regret it but at the same time I can't say I didn't enjoy it. One of those games I remember more so because of how silly it was then from how good it was.

8. nytegeek

nytegeek
    Expand Collapse

Did you actually play it though? I don't know many people in their early twenties that would have, certainly not the original versions.