League of Legends

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Rexxar, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Jordan1994

Jordan1994
    Expand Collapse

I live this game! I play it all the time.

2. Pabmart

Pabmart
    Expand Collapse

Should I give a try to this game? A lot of my friends play it, and they all say that it's such a vice. Lately I've noticed that a lot of people in my college are kind of adiccted to it, although maybe I am exaggerating. Anyways, tell me if I should try it and if it requires a lot of time.

3. Chris_A

Chris_A
    Expand Collapse

Exactly! I think it is more the fact that you have a ton of freedom to do whatever you want, versus the same type of game that you get out of MOBA games. As far as online games go, MMO`s will always be top for me as well.

4. Skill

Skill
    Expand Collapse

Matches usually take 30-40 minutes, however some last as long as an hour, and in super rare cases can last as long as 80-90 minutes. You get punished if you leave in the middle of a match, so make sure you have time to play.

As for how much time it requires, it depends how much you play. You can enjoy just playing 1 or 2 games per day, but if you want to climb in ranked, then you'll need a lot of time as getting to a higher tier takes a huge grind since you won't win 100% of your games no matter how good you are.

It can definitely be very addicting. I've stopped playing because I've noticed it causes me a lot of stress, and consumes way too much time.

5. Thejamal

Thejamal
    Expand Collapse

I like it, but a big issue I'm running into is being so far behind the skill curve, since a lot of people have been playing the game for years. I don't know a lot of the champions abilities, or what counters what and that sort of thing. I'm decent at a few champions, but it feels like I'll have to sink a ton of hours into the game to really learn it and get good. The toxic environment doesn't really bother me as you pretty much get that in any sort of online game.

If I had more friends who played League, i'd probably que up more often, but for now it's just a game I like to play once in awhile to change it up from what I normallyplay.

6. Pabmart

Pabmart
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for replying, since I've started college I no longer have that much free time, and I feel like if I spend that much on just a match It's going to take me forever to learn. I guess I'll leave it for the holidays.

7. Epicfied

Epicfied
    Expand Collapse

I have played League of Legends since season 1. I absolutely loved it... I would come home after school and play for hours. Weekends? That's all that I did. I was introduced to the game by the friend... I played with him and his friends... and from there made amazing connections with those people. I made a great group of friends. At the time, I absolutely loved the game. My main role was support originally, then I shifted to support and AP mid... then everything. Though, jungle was never really my favorite.

League of Legends then started to have a lot of changes. Big role changes, items getting taken away, pointless ones added... Slowly, I stopped liking the game as much. Friends were moving on in their lives... and I just didn't enjoy it as much. Finally, I just stopped playing it. My fiance and I play occasionally, but usually by his request. I used to be really good, and now I'm just good, I guess.

Overall, the community sucks and the game has become very money driven... However, at the time, I gained a lot from it. I think everyone has a game like that. Mine just happened to be League.

8. Havok360

Havok360
    Expand Collapse

Yes I've been waiting for this thread! My favorite champion is the jungle Hecarim, I play him for ranked games and I win every time so it gets a little boring too. I'm a jungler type based on my personality but I like playing top lanes too. My least favorite role is the middle since I don't play well with magic types. I like my champions brute-like and tanky like Darius or Jarvan IV. I rarely play ranked games these days but I watch LoL e-sports.

9. FinalFantasyX

FinalFantasyX
    Expand Collapse

I used to play that game a lot, but I play it rarely now because I found other games to play. Ashe and Jinx were my favorite champions that I always selected and I always used to play with bots on normal difficulty because I was still a new player then and was too weak to play against real players.
    I also tried playing Dota 2, but it isn't the same because the gameplay was too messy with random effects, so my eyes were sore while playing it.

10. OctavianC

OctavianC
    Expand Collapse

I absolutely love it. I played both Dota and Dota 2 (have about 200 hours in the latter), but LoL just did it for me. In Dota, imo, the fact that you can use an item to do what a character's ultimate does sucks (take for example Shadowblade and Rikimaru). I think that all the items render the character's uniqueness of powers to a null. That's why I switched to League of Legends, where every character is unique and you can't mimic it with a few items. Sure, the community can be a bit nasty at times but if you have a few friends to play with then you're golden.

11. Skill

Skill
    Expand Collapse