Internet in other countries

Discussion in 'Internet and Software' started by MeFuture1, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Gertrude

Gertrude
    Expand Collapse

I know Google pulled out of China because of the censorship policies. From what I heard UK has some strict laws about what you write online too. I once came across a few articles where people got arrested or got in trouble just for insulting minorities through social media. I think that's a bit absurd, personally, but it's not my country so who am I to judge.

2. SashaS

SashaS
    Expand Collapse

North Korea has some of the most insane censorship ever when it comes to the internet. Technically, they don't actually have access to the internet, but they have their own internal network that is highly regulated and censored. It comes with all sorts of rip offs of popular websites. I also know that in Cuba the entire country has to share one single, 1 GB line. Which means the very few people that can access the only internet network in their country, have very slow access. They are planning to change this now and make the country more connected.

briannagodess likes this.
  3. Merkximize

Merkximize
    Expand Collapse

Countries are just imaginary lines that a bunch of primates graffiti'd over the most beautiful planet we can find, and we just so happen to live on it. It is a sign of the sad state of humanity, where the greatest tool we have access to is ruined by our inability to unify for our own good, like crabs in a bucket

4. briannagodess

briannagodess
    Expand Collapse

Oh wow, I didn't know about the Cuba internet issue. I know that North Korea and China has some pretty strict policies not because they cannot afford internet, but because they want to censor a lot of things. With Cuba, it seems like they limit the internet network because of money issues. It's a good thing that they are planning to change this. The internet is definitely something that every country should have freely. We're always complaining about our internet speed, when in reality, other countries have it worse.