How can I work at a place like TechGator?

Discussion in 'Help Center' started by AngryItalian, Dec 3, 2015.

1. AngryItalian

AngryItalian
    Expand Collapse

I can pretty much rebuild a computer with a blindfold. As well as do just about anything with software.

Cell phone repairs are no problem as my sister busted numerous phones that I had to fix because she didn't have the money to go out and purchase a new device.

I can fix PC's,Mac's,Laptops,Ipads,Iphones,Androids.

I've worked in a warehouse and worked in customer service on top of that. As well as having website development capabilities on top of my computer skills.

If I hear "College" or "Degree" one more time on an application I am going to lose my mind. I could teach those classes myself and train half the people that come out of that class better than the standard course at a top level university.

Is there any use for my skills that don't require me to drop 50,000 dollars on an education I already have just from hands on exposure?

2. nytegeek

nytegeek
    Expand Collapse

@AngryItalian That's the thing. It wouldn't cost you 50K to get some base certifications or enough education to obtain the jobs you are after. If you actually took the time to research it and try you might find it affordable and maybe even realize that you don't know as much as you think you do. Taking classes and getting certifications will serve to refine and add skills. Technology changes enough that not only is base education important, but education throughout a career is absolutely necessary.

#2 nytegeek, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  3. nytegeek

nytegeek
    Expand Collapse

@AngryItalian Another thing to add, do you even understand what TechGator does or are you just latching onto the tech part of the name and assuming that your undocumented skills are enough? What kind of sales experience and track record do you have? What kind of experience do you have in e-commerce, social media, and marketing? Can you prove that you can bring business to them and keep customers with questions or problems happy?