HHDs Vs SSDs Vs. Hybrid drives

Discussion in 'Computer Networking and Computer Hardware' started by Antonr, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Antonr

Antonr
    Expand Collapse

We all need somewhere to store all our data, that isn't in the hands of a "could company." Many of us building our computers find ourselves at a dilemma; buy a bunch of HDDs and go for all out storage even knowing that we'll be sacrificing some speed; a few SSDs for super speed but little storage or money left in your wallet after you bought it; or go with a hybrid drive which is suppose to bring you the best of both worlds.

I personally prefer SSDs, as I find it really, really infuriating when X program won't load because the disk can't load it fast enough. As for hybrids, I find that the SSD portion is often too small for me to use for even my most select apps.

2. SirJoe

SirJoe
    Expand Collapse

What happened to the hybrid drives? I have been looking at laptop recently and not one single one had a hybrid drive, all of them had HDD or SSD drives. I honestly thought that when they launched the hybrid drives they would be more used, seeing as they have the advantages of both types of drives.