Heroes of the Storm?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Asha, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Asha

Asha
    Expand Collapse

I just found out this brawler style game from Blizzard is free to play. Does anyone have any experience playing it? I'm looking for some experiences with it before I decide if I'm going to check it out or not.

2. FinalFantasyX

FinalFantasyX
    Expand Collapse

Didn't tried it yet, but I heard that it's a very good game. it reminds of League Of Legends because of gameplay and graphics. I will try to play it when my download finishes!

3. Asha

Asha
    Expand Collapse

Update me when you get a chance to play! Will be at least Friday before I get a chance to check it out myself.

4. TechFan

TechFan
    Expand Collapse

Yes, it's pretty much a mix of League of Legends, Starcraft and Warcraft. You get to pick characters that resemble pretty much those found in the latter two games. What I like about it is that you can pick more maps (battlegrounds) to play in compared to the one or two available in LOL. The in game mechanics are almost identical though. Perhaps graphics are about the same, can't decide on that one yet. I think Blizzard did a good job on creating a game that plays similarly to LOL however getting the massive fanbase that LOL has is the real challenge that HOTS has ahead.

5. Asha

Asha
    Expand Collapse

I have zero experience with LOL so that part is lost on me, but I'm getting more and more excited about trying HOTS out. I'm a diehard World of Warcraft fan but I just don't have the time for playing it any,ore. HOTS sounds more like something I can log in, play for a bit, and not have quite the grind that WoW does.

6. TechFan

TechFan
    Expand Collapse

If you are a big fan of WOW you will certainly love this game because it reunites several characters from past games. When selecting your character they have a reference as to where the character can be found. I couln't identify most of the characters though, besides knowing they were orcs or terrans.

That's correct, you'll be able to play for some matches, play just a bit and not have to grind your way to the high levels. I think this game will be good!

7. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747
    Expand Collapse

Ohh I never realised it's free to play. My girlfriend plays it but I haven't given it a try, it's not really my type of a game but hey if it's free then I might give it a go when I find the time.

8. Asha

Asha
    Expand Collapse

I finally got a chance to play through the training an a few live matches. I like it! Can definitely sit down, play some matches and then walk away without feeling the need to grind for hours. As I mentioned - free to play, can get some upgrades via earning in game gold by winning matches. Others you can buy for real money. Once pay day comes I will probably invest in few paid upgrades.
    Saw many of my favorite WoW characters right away too! Easy point and click movement, skills are bound to keyboard keys (I bound them to my nostromo pad). Talent choice unlock as your chosen character gains levels.

Lots of fun so far, I invite others to try it out!

9. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the quick review Asha. I did have a quick talk about it with my girlfriend and she seemed to like the idea of us playing together so I guess I'll give this game a try in a couple of weeks when I get my vacation. I don't have high expectations as it's not really my type of game but doesn't hurt to try.

10. Epicfied

Epicfied
    Expand Collapse

I actually really like Blizzard's MOBA Heroes of the Storm. I was in the alpha and in the beta. It's definitely developed into a pretty fun game that doesn't just seems like a DotA/League knock-off. I love that it incorporates characters from all Blizzard games. You end up with that attachment to the lore but also newcomers don't have to play everything else to understand the game. They have a decent quest system that allows you to earn currency pretty easily and try/get new characters. I'd definitely suggest trying it out, especially since it's free!

11. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747
    Expand Collapse

Started playing it yesterday... I'm a bit surprised because I actually quite like it. Still need to figure out a few things but I'm quite convinced that I'll be playing this game on a more or less daily basis from now on.

12. Asha

Asha
    Expand Collapse

Glad to hear you like it. I dropped about $12 to buy some interesting characters. Zagara is my favorite so far...evil bug of death!

13. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747
    Expand Collapse

I'm still running around with the free characters that are in rotation. I do have enough gold to buy a permanent one but I need to figure out which one first! Hopefully I'll find one that I really like in the next batch of free to play heroes.

14. Havok360

Havok360
    Expand Collapse

I haven't played it yet but I'm excited to see my favorite Starcraft characters battle it out with my League of Legend champions. Jim Raynor and the Queen of Blades especially have a nostalgic place in my heart, I read that the Queen is a real fan favorite due to her expanded story. The trailer looks good and the game is out in beta already, I think. It's probably already out though I need to check it out.

15. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747
    Expand Collapse

So what heroes is everyone using? I did end up buying Valla (was rediculously cheap at I think 2000 gold) as a "backup" in case I don't like any of the free rotation ones but apart from that I'm still searching for the one I actually want to play constantly with.

16. nytegeek

nytegeek
    Expand Collapse

I barely got through the tutorial before I lost interest to be honest. I don't like the view angle and I'm not much for MOBAs as it is. If I hadn't been able to try it for free I probably wouldn't have even done that much.

17. Thejamal

Thejamal
    Expand Collapse

It's a little different format of a MOBA than LoL or Dota, but I still couldn't really get into it. I'm bad at Moba's and don't really have fun playing them unless I'm playing with real-life friends. Hate being bad at games and I don't really have the time to put in to get good at them again.

18. Asha

Asha
    Expand Collapse

I am liking Lt Morales. I've found myself to be a decent healer. My strategy so far has been finding the best player on the team and attaching to them, keeping them alive ;p. I've been lucky to get in with good teams that have realized keeping me alive means they get healed which keeps them alive.

19. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747
    Expand Collapse

I haven't tried Morales yet but in general I'm not too fond of the support types. I want to deal damage rather than heal... and from a distance if I can so I don't die instantly. Nova is looking damn nice, I know they always pop up from somewhere and hit me for over half of my health with a single special shot. Can't wait to give it a try.

20. Asha

Asha
    Expand Collapse

I want to try Nova also! I love the pop up and kill people then disappear trick.