Does anyone use Windows Phone?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by OctavianC, Nov 25, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi
    Expand Collapse

Microsoft seem quite content though with the slice of the mobile market they have got, so I don't see them changing their policies on that, any time soon.

For me it seems like Microsoft only have a minor interest in developing their mobile market, and are happy enough to keep an active involvement but no more than that at the moment.

2. Chris_A

Chris_A
    Expand Collapse

Well, as long as they get their money, right? I mean, while this is an underhanded business model and right out crap towards their customers, I think as long as they make a profit, they won`t really change. Way to go Micro$oft.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi
    Expand Collapse

I'm not even sure if Microsoft are going to be making that much profit, if any from the mobile market, and I think they may just be using it as an advertising campaign more than anything else.

They're obviously not going to be making a loss, but I think Microsoft might just want to keep a certain amount of hold in that market to see how it develops in the future rather than for what they can get out of it now.

4. Chris_A

Chris_A
    Expand Collapse

That seems plausible enough. I mean, they already have a presence in the market, so they might just wait until either Android or iOS has a bad time, and then strike with some new revolutionary product. You definitely have a point here.

pwarbi likes this.
  5. pwarbi

pwarbi
    Expand Collapse

The way the mobile market as advanced in recent years, I think it's inevitable that it's going to slow down soon, and maybe that's what Microsoft are waiting for?

Chris_A likes this.
  6. Chris_A

Chris_A
    Expand Collapse

I don`t know if it will slow down, but iOS has already lost ground to Android. Maybe Microsoft will just take iOS` place as second best and will be content with it. They are bound to make millions anyway.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi
    Expand Collapse

When it comes down to the money aspect, I'm not sure if companies as big as the ones we're talking about are even concerned about the money, its all about how much of the market they've got, how many people rather than profit.

8. nytegeek

nytegeek
    Expand Collapse

Windows phones and the Lumia line are not Nokia anymore.

9. bleblanc10

bleblanc10
    Expand Collapse

The only person I think I have ever seen with a windows phone was Trevor in GTA and he is not right in the head......

10. nytegeek

nytegeek
    Expand Collapse

Well that is hardly a legitimate source. :p Do you watch any television? There have been several high profile endorsements of Windows devices in popular shows lately. The Flash & The Arrow for example.

11. bleblanc10

bleblanc10
    Expand Collapse

Hahahaha yea i have seen endorsements but nobody I know personally has one so I figured Trevor was credible.

12. nytegeek

nytegeek
    Expand Collapse

No. They are interchangeable terms. I'm not sure what lead you to the conclusion that they are separate things.

13. SirJoe

SirJoe
    Expand Collapse

I don't have a windows phone but I tried a friends of mines. It was a little strange feeling using it, it was very familiar but at the same it a little confusing. I was trying to save a phone number and remember that it wasn't so intuitive.

14. nytegeek

nytegeek
    Expand Collapse

I agree that some work needs to be done in contact management in Windows mobile. It is a little better in 10 then it was in 8/8.1 (I run test builds) but it can still use some work.

15. oportosanto

oportosanto
    Expand Collapse

My brother offered my 70 year old mother a windows phone and I thought she wouldn't understand how it works, but I was surprised that she did, so it shouldn't be very hard!