Content lockers

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing and SEO' started by SirJoe, Feb 8, 2016.

1. SirJoe

SirJoe
    Expand Collapse

How many of you have used content lockers on your sites ?

2. SLTE

SLTE
    Expand Collapse

No. No no no. Hate content lockers. They're so annoying. I don't like subscriptions because they cut down the number of visitors and users you're going to get, and I don't like locks that force you to input an email address or a social media account because it feels like they're trying to subtly blackmail me into saying their site is good before I can even check out what's there. Let your users decide for themselves whether they want to follow you.

3. Gertrude

Gertrude
    Expand Collapse

I've experimented with it before when I once explored the world of affiliate marketing. A lot of people say it worked for them and it helped them earn a good amount of money but aside from testing it I never got too far with any of them. I think it works within certain niches where specific content is highly sought after and you can get people to do something extra for it but for regular content where you have a lot of other options it's not that effective in my opinion.

4. SirJoe

SirJoe
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for your answers I have come to that conclusion myself, they don't seem to be that popular, in fact it could stop people from coming back to your site.