Bluetooth and PC

Discussion in 'Computer Networking and Computer Hardware' started by Ginnie, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Ginnie

Ginnie
    Expand Collapse

I have an Asus Laptop that I would love to connect to my Bluetooth speaker. I tried connecting it once but it didn't connect, but it has the option of connecting to a Bluetooth device. Is there a setting I need to have my laptop on in order for it to connect?

2. oportosanto

oportosanto
    Expand Collapse

The first thing you need to check on your laptop is that if it supports bluetooth. Most likely it will support it if it's a modern laptop, but older ones might not support it. I was just using google with this search "how to connect bluetooth speakers to asus laptop" have you gone through that?

3. Gertrude

Gertrude
    Expand Collapse

You can try testing the devices out on other things to find out where the problem is coming from. Whenever this happens to me I try and test the Bluetooth source by plugging in another device like a wireless keyboard or mouse and if it connects then I know the problem isn't coming from my laptop. There's a chance that the Bluetooth versions are incompatible but I don't think that's a very common problem. If you want then you could try buying a separate Bluetooth receiver or sender.

4. oportosanto

oportosanto
    Expand Collapse

That is a good suggestion. When we don't know exactly where the problem is coming from we should start by excluding what we do know and after doing that it will be obvious what is the problem.

5. SashaS

SashaS
    Expand Collapse

I had the same problem with my Sony Vaio laptop, running Windows 7. I was able to connect my JBL GO Bluetooth speaker but there is no indication or option to play sound through it. This wasn't a huge deal at the time so I didn't do any further research but I'm sure there is some software you can download that allows these two devices to communicate.

One solution, although a little expensive, is to buy a set of speakers that have a Bluetooth receiver slot. For example, there is a $30 set of Logitech Bluetooth ( wired ) speakers that are able to connect to a little Bluetooth receiver ( about $20 ) and this allows you to play sound through them. I guess your only other option is to get wired speakers.

But who wants more wires, right?