Are you satisfied about your internet speed?

Discussion in 'Internet and Software' started by FinalFantasyX, Dec 1, 2015.

1. FinalFantasyX

FinalFantasyX
    Expand Collapse

Personally, I am. my internet isn't very fast judging by the speedtest results, but it's usable. In my house, we got 5 computers, which uses all my family, and we all use the internet at the same time and the speed of the internet is still good, just on sunday it's a bit slow because of lots of people of using it in my area. Soon when Fiber comes to my zone, I will switch to Fiber speed, which I heard that it's the very fast speed. What do you think about your internet? Are you satisfied of your speed?

2. Pabmart

Pabmart
    Expand Collapse

I wish I could get a better speed, but I can't find any better services in my zone, so I have to settle with what I have right now. I've heard that fiber is getting here soon as well, so I'm down for that.

3. smtg

smtg
    Expand Collapse

Mine is pretty good, but could be better. Some websites I try to type on it goes really slow and I'm not exactly sure why. I've only had this laptop for close to a year. I might have to look into something that could speed it up a little bit.

4. TechFan

TechFan
    Expand Collapse

We get a good internet service here with Xfinity, around 35Mbps. Luckily for me I get to use this internet connection for myself so I don't experience slower internet at some point of the day or week. I'm also looking forward to Comcast's fiber-based services which promise an awesome 500 Mbps. That's pretty fast, with that internet speed I could easily stream high quality (HD) movies in a couple of seconds.

5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    Expand Collapse

Well, so far, I am pretty satisfied with my internet speed. However, sometimes, it's pretty annoying whenever it would perform fast, and give quick results, but then it would slow down afterwards.

6. tiffaninichole

tiffaninichole
    Expand Collapse

My internet speed is pathetic. Not only is it slow at a despicable 2 mbps, it's also incredibly unreliable. Last night, our phone and internet just cut off with no warning or explanation for a few hours. This happens at least once a month. Rain? Messes with the connection. Wind? That too. Basically, any kind of weather will make our internet either maddeningly slow or cut it out altogether. And for anyone wondering, we have AT&T, and I would NOT recommend them. They suck so hard.

7. nusster

nusster
    Expand Collapse

Oh man, that's horrible. I have a friend who moved into this super cheap apartment in a really great location and everything was super great until wind started to blow really strongly and some wires crossed and the whole building lost power for like two days. He moved out when he realized that sort of thing happens once a month.

Anyway, I'm really happy with my internet speed. I had 6 mb/s download speed and it's more than enough to play games online and only have their servers to blame when I lose. :D

8. oportosanto

oportosanto
    Expand Collapse

I am rather happy really, no issues at all about the speed. Usually I connect with the cable and the speed is close to 75MB (in theory should be 100MB) and wireless over 10MB, so it's actually more than I need.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi
    Expand Collapse

I've no issues either with my internet connection and find it's more than capable if running up to 3 or 4 devices without any drop on speed.

I think for a lot of people it's finding that balance between speed and price, and they also have to look at what they're going to be using the internet for also in the first place.

10. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747
    Expand Collapse

Kinda. Internet speed is one of those things that is never enough at some moments. But in general as long as everything works like they should then I'm happy with it. And I'm certainly not one of those who is ready to pay a lot more for a faster connection.

11. SLTE

SLTE
    Expand Collapse

The speed is more or less fine. I'm more annoyed by the ISP itself. They're fairly unethical by most business standards, and when my connection does go down they rather suck at getting things repaired in a timely manner. There have been times when my problems have been ignored because their speed tests say my internet connection is fine, when, in fact, it is not.

They also have a tendency to secretly throttle uploads. I used to stream myself playing video games on Twitch, and after about a month of steady service I started running into troubles. My upload speed would mysteriously start to suck, and that would only stop when I stopped streaming. More or less ruined what began as a fairly promising potential streaming career, given that I managed to rack up over a thousand followers before I was forced out. I'm rather bitter about that.

12. 111kg

111kg
    Expand Collapse

13. oportosanto

oportosanto
    Expand Collapse

In fact $10 is really cheap 111kg, but at the same time I am assuming that the income is proportional to that price too right? Interesting article you posted, I would expect the US to have higher speeds that is true.

14. Chris_A

Chris_A
    Expand Collapse

I am totally satisfied with my speed. We have really good Internet here in Romania. I pay something around 15 dollars for a 10 MB/sec connection. And that is 10 Megabytes, not bits.

15. Epicfied

Epicfied
    Expand Collapse

Oh absolutely. We absolutely love our internet. We go through Mediacom. We pay for 150 down and 20? up... Our normal speeds are usually closer to 150-160 down and 27 up. It's pretty incredible. When I get home, I'll try to remember to grab a speed test to share with everyone!

16. LoyalServant

LoyalServant
    Expand Collapse

Never had much to say concerning my internet speed, instead it is the connectivity that bothers me. I recently bought a new laptop a noticed that I had trouble connecting to new and at times known WiFi networks. Once connected I didn't have have a problem but finding networks was an issue.

Turns out one of the 3 antennas behind the laptop was broken which greatly decreased the WiFi range.

17. oportosanto

oportosanto
    Expand Collapse

Now this is surprising because I pay for 100 download speed and I never get close to those speeds, not even by cable. The most I have is 75mbps, so I do wonder why this is, most likely some old cables that slow the speed down.

18. NGinCreator

NGinCreator
    Expand Collapse

Most certainly not. I use a prepaid data plan on a mobile dongle since fixed line internet is not an option at my house. Not an issue of living in the middle of nowhere, but rather my landlord being a bit of a [rhymes with shank] :p

I should at least be getting decent speeds since I'm not on an uncapped plan, but this is (at times) quite literally the slowest connection I've had in my life. Running out of data is also always fun. I've been away from forums since mid-November since I ran out of data and only had the chance to buy some now! One day, when I'm making decent money, I will make up for my lost speed and gaming (since my rig is old) tenfold. Watch this space. [Evil laughter in the background]

19. oportosanto

oportosanto
    Expand Collapse

I recall the time when I was using mobile and once I got an insane answer from their service. I wasn't picking up signal at my place so the idiot on the other side suggested that I went to a cafe to see if it was working...! LOL!!

20. Epicfied

Epicfied
    Expand Collapse

I think a lot of it has to do with area, company, and so on. Your router can also play a major part into it... Get a better router, you could possibly see better speeds. However, if you are paying for 100 and never see close to it, call them and say something. Either A, they can do something to improve it or B, they can reimburse you for not getting what you're paying for.