Anyone have any with buying/selling with TechGator?

Discussion in 'Buying from TechGator' started by theshortcoconut, Nov 19, 2015.

1. theshortcoconut

theshortcoconut
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, anyone ever tried buying/selling on TechGator? I just want to get a feel on how it worked out.

If you've bought from them:
    • How was the service overall?
    • Was the shipping prompt?
    • Were the prices reasonable?
    • Was customer support responsive and helpful?
    • Any tips we should know about?
    If you've sold to them:
    • Was the price they offered reasonable?
    • Were they responsive?
    • Did you encounter any issues?
    I'd love to hear from you guys!

2. Oculus

Oculus
    Expand Collapse

I actually just bought a used 2014 15" Macbook Pro Retina that I found on Ebay from them and sold my 2011 13" Macbook Pro as a trade in. The process was very easy and customer service was excellent. I spoke to Byron from support and he walked me through the purchase and trade in process. The shipping was extremely fast I believe it was FedEx or UPS and I had it in two days (New York). They gave me a bonus for trading it in since I bought and sold them a device. I'd definitely recommend calling if you plan to trade something in as you may get some type of bonus if you buy and sell them your old device.

I used Gazelle and techgator is a much better alternative. Gazelle lost my phone in the mail and their reps said they had no record of the transaction! It took over a month of fighting to get my money.... I was furious as you could probably imagine.

Techgator was in touch every step of the way and I got paid within 3 days. Very smooth transaction and I'd definitely recommend.

#2 Oculus, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  3. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88
    Expand Collapse

I'm in the market to get a new laptop and I do like the delivery time since I also live in New York. As soon as I get some free cash, I'll look around and see what it is they have to offer.